Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Child is MY child


Organization. When people hear that word there are a few possible reactions. People like me like that word. Organization usually eliminates chaos & leaves unanswered/assumed questions/thoughts answered. There are other people whom organization is not their thing. I will refer to them as the fly by the poop in your pants people. They may not have poop in their pants but we'll imagine for fun. They may see the organized type as an overachiever or perhaps a whacked out control freak. Obviously these 2 are not the only types but are just 2 examples from me.

Yesterday afternoon, I was steam cleaning the oft soiled (by baby todd) carpet in the front room. Jessica was making Ellie's food. When I say making she was cutting, cooking, and puree-ing her fruits & veggies. Ellie decided that she wanted to sit in her high chair & snack a bit. Jessica gave her some pieces of chicken & some cheese puffs. She placed them in a pile in the center for Ellie. A few minutes later Jessica realized Ellie had sorted her chicken from her puffs. It was a proud moment for me. I don't know what's normal for a 9 month old (today by the way), but I wonder where she'll go from here. Maybe laundry. Separating the lights from the darks, towels from the clothes. I know that'd make Jessica happy.

6 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger laura said...

I'm telling you, the kid is a genius!!!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

Awesome! Next step, color coding her M&M's. Did she eat all the chicken before the puffs, or visa versa, or did she eat one at a time? I think you might need to observe this like a scientist. That truly is brilliance.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

wow, highly advanced for her age! wow!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

Hmmm. Did she try to take over the steam cleaning chore from you? Wash her hands 30 times? Vacuum? Play with the bleach wipes?

Watch Monk with you? Over & over & over...?

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Pretty sharp cookie you have there

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

i agree with dave. separating food doesn't mean jack if you still eat it at the same time. we'll see how advanced she truly is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home