Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Memories & Memories

Today is April 29th. Ellie is 6 months old. You might think that this post is completely devoted to her. It's not, but maybe I'll do one later. I came downstairs this morning after my shower & manscaping & declared, "Today is the 29th. Baby Todd is 6 months old today. She's a big girl." Baby Todd agreed with a big smile & a few grunts. Jessica agreed, not with grunts but with a big, YAY baby todd. Jessica's mind then turned..."It's my mom's birthday! I forgot that today was the 29th. I have to call her today. We got into our respective cars & headed for work. When we arrived she smiled & let me know that she talked to her dad. She told him that she didn't have her mom's number & wanted to call her for her birthday. Her dad had completely forgotten. He asked that she wait a little while to give him some time to call his wife & give her a good ol' "See, I didn't forget honey."

Jessica asks, I wonder if you'll forget my birthday & Ellie will have to remind you someday. Of course, insulted by my wife's lack of faith & her failure to give the due respect to my memory, I reminded her that I am elephant man, not because of my deformities, but because of my memory. In order to display the greatness, which is my memory, I asked: Baby, what did you order on our first date (Aug 4th, 2004. Olive Garden (I could've put August 3rd so the morons from my past who wanted nothing more than to burn me at the stake could say, SEE! FORNICATORS!))? She quickly replied to show me that her memory is equally as impressive, "I had the Tour de France." When I stopped laughing, I asked if she meant the Tour of Italy. She replied, The Tour de France is the bike race, huh? My response, Yes it is. I won't forget our anniversary, your's or baby todd's birthdays. It's not in my nature.

10 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

Like you, I too have a great memory . . . That's why I drink to forget . . .

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

There are things I'd like to forget.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

Blog about what you want to forget. :)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

that is impressive use of the double parentheses. you would be a master of the graphing calculator. you even used the correct punctuation at the end.

you won't forget any birthdays with that attention to detail.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Darn straight. I did not however claim to be a master of the graphing calculator.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

could i be given this gift of elephant memory please. pray for me. my memory has been stolen by 4 spawn named emma, chloe, solomon, and isaiah and on a regular basis i call them the wrong name. so much so , that just yesterday sol said, "mom don't you remember my name?"
sheesh...the guilt.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Erica said...

I remember my mom went through my siblings name and then the dog's name before she got the one she wanted. I'm not too scarred though.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger moses said...

....BIG DUMMY!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Matty C. said...

I just want to be able to remember the date!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Destro Jones said...

So how's that yard coming along?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home