Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mor is better


Baby Todd is getting bigger. Soon she will be mobile which I'm sure will create wonderful situations. There's a list of things that we have to do so we can be prepared for her next stage. Electrical outlet covers, picking up the scissors that are laying around, & of course moving the xbox up to a higher level so she can't reach it. I also get to reattach a railing at the top of the stairs which will keep Ellie from falling. I know this because her head is far too large to fit through the slats. The next problem was our table, coffee table, & bakers rack. There were pretty cool. Iron type trip with individual slate tiles as a surface. Jessica pointed out that the bad part was the danger of Ellie suffering a Higgins type event. Higgins is our male min pin. When he was a young pup he jumped out of my arms, bounced of Jessica's head & nailed the edge of the table with his head. He is now slightly retarded with a completely changed personality. So softer we had to go. We successfully unloaded our stuff, that I still much enjoyed, to some friends. We hit some furniture stores: Mor, Bassett, Ethan Allen, LazyBoy, & Dania. Mor remains my favorite. Everything else was hugely overpriced & will probably end up in a 70 yr old womans house. There was one exception. A sofa/chair at Dania. It was phenomenal. But not this time. So at Mor we found stuff we liked & most of it happened to be on sale. With my higher than yours credit we financed & it was delivered. Jessica is most pleased as seen by her smile in the picture.

My work on the yard is at a momentary standstill & I have moved to the interior so new paint can be applied where needed. The dining room is finished. That leaves the kitchen, living room, & 1 wall in the family room. I titled the rooms myself with no scientific method or thought as to why. It doesn't matter. I like home improvement. I don't like paying for home improvement. Maybe there is a government grant out there for someone like me.

9 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

Sign me up for the grant.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

Or better yet you could itinerate . . . Be a home improvement missionary . . .

Nice picture, my friend . . . Looks like place is really coming together.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger laura said...

Mor is our furniture store of choice as well. Seriously, no interest for how many years???

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Erica said...

the color looks good. Great pick on the table

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Destro Jones said...

I prefer the furniture stores (warehouses) where the salesmen don't insist on talking to me.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

I would have to say that the store with the worst salesman was LazyBoy. The guy greeted us & followed us with his clipboard, not really saying anything, but shadowing us. When people do this, I make it a point to make lots of turns & double backs in hopes of causing frustration. It seemed to work, but we never shook him. At Ethan Allen, I'm pretty sure they looked at me in my shorts, t-shirt, & flip flops & saw me as "a stroke." A stroke is a person who makes the salesperson believe they are buying when they have no intention of doing so, or a person who is just a waste of time.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger scoeyd said...

murdoc- you & your salesman lingo. BTW, the room looks like a great improvement over what the previous tenants had done. Weirdos.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

mor is awesome. so was ric's furniture warehouse, but i think they went out of business

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jen in Budapest said...

Love it! Love the dining room decor. And your story about your dog. I'm so sorry. But I laughed so hard. Thanks for a good laugh :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home