Monday, June 16, 2008

Early bird gets the worm

I made a decision to go back to morning workouts at 5:30. I woke up no less than 3 times last night waiting for my alarm to go off. I had some interesting dreams as well. Kinda weird. I finally woke up & went to the gym with my breakfast banana in hand. I felt pretty good physically minus the obvious atrophy my muscles experienced. Between sets on the bench, there were 2 ladies, roughly 30-35 yrs old on the squat machine next to me. I usually don't listen to conversations but when people lower their voices, my ears naturally go into 007 recon mode. The blond asked, "hey did you go to church yesterday?" The other lady responded with a no. The blond continued, "the numbers were way down because of father's day." I had about 4 thoughts go through my head:

1- I can't believe that lady just said that- is she a pastors wife
2- Is this the first thing that people notice re: yesterdays church gathering
3- I wouldn't have guessed these ladies went to church
4- Weird, the numbers were down yesterday

I then punched myself in the stomach & proceeded to finish my workout. My body is tired...just in time to go wake up baby todd.

7 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger laura said...

I notice when church is empty... like not this past weekend, but the weekend before.
I have also heard that Mothers day is the most attended day, and Father's day is the least attended day of the year (aside from Easter and Christmas)
So, if you saw me at the gym, would you think I looked like I went to church? Just curious.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

Soo ladies.... what are you runnin'?

A friend of mine was asked to speak at another church yesterday - last week, he got a call from the pastor of the church he was going to be speaking at, giving my friend a heads up that this Sunday was going to be one of their lowest attended Sundays... so he could prepare for it.

And I said, 'Whoooooaaaahhhh...!"

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

So how many worms did you get?

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

hmmm... interesting. people must have church on the brain these days cause when i was out at wallies on friday sitting in nice warm tubs with friend christene someone was talking bout the revivals in floridia and some church in sacremento. anybody up for adding reno on that list?

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Erica said...

I was talking with a friend last week (who never has gone to church) and the topic came up as well.

Interesting...yes add Reno to that list!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Laura- I notice too. I understand the mothers/fathers day differences. Mom wants everyone to go to church together. Dad wants to stay home or go out to eat followed by miscellaneous outdoor dad activity. If I saw you at the gym, I'd know you were a christian because of the "LORD's Gym" tee shirt you'd be wearing.

Louie- I'd speak at the smaller church to see if my illy's moved them from A to B. If they did, then I could use them at the big church.

Tim- I got de-wormed.

Noel- It depends on your definition of revival. Please share. If I'm thinking of the same guy that is in florida...Bald, tattoos, talks like a regular tv pastor?

Erica-Aren't you supposed to call us?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

the numbers are lower on father's day because who wants to ruin their special day getting harassed for your overdue child support on their own special day? Leave the kids with mom and try to find a new baby gestator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home