Monday, June 30, 2008

So long old friend

Today I sold my Subaru. We part ways after a 3 year relationship. I married Jessica in January of 2005. She brought no vehicles into the relationship. I knew this going in. What I did have was the ok to drive the church van. Now the church van is not the optimal vehicle for a 23 yr old recently married guy. Beggars can't be choosers. I drove the van for about 4 months in good ol' Carson City. I found a Subaru in the want adds for $6800. I was the first caller. I went down to drive it, knowing it was "priced to sell (at least $1000 from where it should've been). I drove it asked if he'd take $6500. He said no. I smiled & wrote the check. She was a good car. The AWD couldn't be beat. No problems, other than the old ladie who rear-ended me. Thanks for the $$$ insurance company. That was nice. Listed it just on craigslist & got several calls. Went to show it yesterday & ended up watching this guy & a friend put it up on jacks and ask me questions that I had no idea of the answer. As of 3pm, after a short & sweet negotiation, she is in the caring hands of a Java Jungle employee named Jonathon. Seems like a really nice guy. Next is Jessica's Explorer. 1 cheap fix & hopefully that'll sell just as fast. Then, Jessica can get something a bit newer & safer for her & the baby. I am now officially a 1 car man. It's just me & Shirley, rollin' phat. I shall now celebrate with a celebratory Mai Tai.

8 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

i will now have a celebratory guiness.

good-bye, old green friend

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

I think I too will join you with a celebratory glass of red wine . . . Thanks for giving me a reason to celebrate . . .

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger laura said...

I think I have some sort of alcoholic beverage left over from this weekend in the fridge. Cheers!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

I loved you deeply, Suubaruuu. Thanks for the memories.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

nice. I'll have a homemade brew, and poor some out for your lost homie...but only a little.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Matty C. said...

Well, had I read this last night, I too would drink to that. But since it's now 5:40 am, I'll have a glass of grapefruit juice.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, i had only one car, and that was when i was 17 and didn't had a driver license, so i couldn't drive that car. i deeply understand how you feel, the big pain to let go such a nice car...

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Alex- I understand what you're saying. It was our 3rd car & I'd rather have $5000.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home