Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Swing Away...

Last night was my first softball game since September or October. We used to play at Don Mello, which if you haven't heard, has been flattened to nothing more than dirt. I'd been told that at some point we were going to play at this new complex in Spanish Springs that would have really nice turf fields. Turns out they were right. I took Shirley out & to my surprise it was a massive complex. Baseball fields, football fields, soccer fields, & softball fields. It is awesome.

It was nice to see the guys again. I've played on the team for about 5 years now. Anyway. I got out on the field & it was pure wonderful. It made McNutt field seem like Governor's. I heard McNutt field now looks like Governor's, which is pretty sad. It used to be the nicest field in Nevada, high school or collegiate. It was weird though. The infield felt like a little league field in size & the outfield looked like a vast expanse. The game was fun. We lost. My arm doesn't hurt too bad this morning. That might have something to do with the fact that I have a hard time getting my arm to show up until the half way through. I need to start throwing again on a regular basis. I might help out with a high school jv team working with their pitchers. That is fun stuff. Only if I can throw live bp to the team. It's ok, I have a JV fastball...but my deuce will make you cry.

5 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Matty C. said...

Where you helping out at? Sounds awesome.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Possibly N. Valleys

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger digapigmy said...

you know what's great about coaching high school kids? they always listen. it's awesome.

you will have fun, though.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

I'm sure your deuce would make me cry, or at least make my eyes water a little. Your curve ball's pretty good too. :)

Hope you do get to work with the jv's, would they pay you the big bucks like papa Mike?

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

No. Pure intrinsic reward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home