Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Monastery




I sit in Starbucks, enjoying a venti americano & free bandwidth from Quizno's. Sorry Starbucks, no $10 for internet. I've taken some pictures of my room. It reminds me of a nicer cell in prison that they give to old harmless, well behaved inmates. My bed squeaks & is on wheels. Cement floors. I figure that is for easy clean up after the monks sneak in & perform their ritual sacrifices. I think that is happening next week though. I've had a pretty good time. I like being able to take time in the morning to wake up, read & write at my leisure with some instant folger's. Nasty.

I have goals for the next couple days. Reflection, understanding, revelation. I've been aware & became "more aware" of some major life issues I struggle with. I feel that God wants to change the way I think and ultimately the way I live. We'll see how that goes. I started a book this morning. I hope to finish it before I come home. I miss my fam but heard baby todd over the phone today. I wish I had a guitar, but they're not allowed. This leaves me to play the one in my head. It'll have to work for now.

5 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

Thanks for the update and pictures . . .

Say hello to Matins, Lauds, Terce, Sext, Vespers,and Compline for me . . .

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

I'm glad you're having fun. You didn't tell us what book you are trying to finish...

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

We went to a couple. I think sext, none, and vespers. I think when they prayed to the queen of heaven, we tore our sackcloths & threw ashes into the air...all with very painful expressions. No more special times for me.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Dave, I'm reading a book called, "leap over a wall." It is a reflection on the life of David. It's by Eugene Peterson-He is the message bible guy. It's ok. I don't think I'll finish it by today because the print is small and we usually spend our time sitting in my room talking, only interrupted by a pipe break. On a side note, it seems like since I got here, I've had music in & on my mind. It's nice. It's difficult. Don't ask.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger David said...

You should carve "Brooks was here" into the wall of your room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home