Friday, April 04, 2008

The road to backyard paradise


I like working in my yard. I always have. Yes, I'm one of those guys who mows the grass once a week & waters on off days so my lawn will look good. I hated when high schoolers would run over my sprinklers, but I enjoyed fixing them so my well oiled machine (sprinkler system) would work correctly. With that being said, I miss my old backyard. Decent BBQ area. Grass. Couple trees. My dogs miss it too. They are grazers. They used to eat grass all day.

My current backyard: Decrepit deck. Broken gazebo. Dirt. Old broken patched up fence. This is my project. I had a guy look at my yard yesterday to begin the process towards backyard paradise. I began today. The fence. I am replacing one of the fences. Not too bad except for the fact that I have to dig out 6-8 inches of dirt & move it to the middle of the yard. Another problem. No wheel barrow, & the shovel I had is for digging out sprinkler heads. I forgot sunscreen for the first little while, but my trusty wife called me in & sprayed me down. I hope to finish the fence this week so I can move on to the gazebo. What a pain.

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Yay. Tim is loaning me a wheel barrow.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger laura said...

i miss grass. if you need a shovel, rake or any other misc. yard tool, just ask jay. i am sure he won't be using ours anytime soon.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

That's what she said...

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

i hate yard work as much as i hate summer. actually, the heat and yard work are the two reasons i do hate summer.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Matty C. said...

I think I might be one of those guys that would like his yard but I don't want to have to spend
$300k on a house to figure out that it isn't for me. I guess I'll stick to the condo.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

300k would get you a large house Matt. The prices aren't quite what they used to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home