Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yay Vox!


In past times I have been known to have a problem. G.A.S. Some of you who read this blog may not be surprised by that statement, but you are mistaken in your understanding. G.A.S. stands for guitar acquisition syndrome. I usually went through stages of it & it almost went away when I got married. I now shared a bank account & was no longer able to spend on a whim. This was not a bad thing. I had obligations like, housing expenses, food (top ramen & peanut butter would no longer suffice), multiple car insurances, etc...I think you get the general idea.

A few years ago I had around 8 guitars, multiple effects & pedal boards & a nice fat marshall half stack & later, a fender cybertwin (These are guitar amps). I ended up selling 4 guitars, most of the effects & the amps. Ever since, I've had my eyes on several pieces of equipment. I was able to buy an amp that I've always wanted. It's a Vox AC30. People who've played through vox amps (the Beatles, Tom Petty, Brian May of Queen). I got a smokin' deal. Guitar Center just raised their price on it, but I saved about $200 off the old, lower price. Yay. It's loud. I like it. I need to learn how to use it.

5 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

I love how retro the VOX amps always are. Do you want to use some of your G. A. S. on your good ole pal Dave? I can give you a list of things if you want.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

I tried with the SWR. It didn't work out. Sawwy. But yes, I'd like to help you. Sadly, I don't have the finances to do that. I got joy from helping a guys wife pick out a new Gibson for him. I would do the same for Jami:) You should tell her.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

Your mom plays a Vox amp...

And man, it IS loud. Y'all got's to stop with the music. It's too darn loud.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Chemane said...

I was here :)

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Duffy and Paula said...

I like to expand G.A.S. to "Gear Acquisition Syndrome". It covers a broader scope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home