Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wir fliegen nach Las Vegas.

Tomorrow (valentine's day) the Moses & I are flying to Las Vegas. We leave at 6:25am & will arrive at 7:35. We are being picked up by a friend of mine. His name is Morris. I purchased a car from him. I've wanted to get an old vw like Moses & Shern & fix it up & roll heavy down McCarran. I was eating breakfast with my dad & he mentioned that Morris was looking to get rid of a car & it was an older VW. I inquired & got some info. 1987 Volkswagen Golf. Not quite as old as I was looking for, but...It is completely original, 26,000 miles, & has been garaged for most of it's life. It was his wife's car & she hadn't driven it for several years. Pretty cool. I've never had a car with under 40,000 miles. He said he'd sell it to me for the price to get it out of the shop (it's good to get a car tuned up that hasn't been driven in ages). I talked to the shop owner for some info on the car. The ac doesn't work, but the interior looks new. It's an automatic (which means my wife can drive it), 4 door, & white. I'm pretty excited. I pulled the trigger & put it on my credit card & tomorrow we will drive it back to Reno. Hopefully we will blow all the crap & other bad stuff out of the engine. No problems, no breakdowns, & no weirdos in central nevada looking for a good time. We should be on the road by 8:30 & hopefully home to our respective wives by 4pm.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger laura said...

congratulations... if there is one car I completely regret selling, it is my vw :( good luck and I will be curious to hear if you actually made it back by 4pm.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

me too.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

your mom is rolling heavy.

Wait.
I can't really use that one, now can I?

Baby Elmo & I were rolling heavy today. We ate Hershey Kisses. And sang Beatles tunes.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

We got out of Vegas a bit later than I realized. I'll blog about it tomorrow am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home