Monday, September 26, 2005

Moving Problems


It seems like I have a small problem that only became bigger after I got married... No, not what some of you are thinking. I like to move stuff around in my house. I am taking on the daunting task of rearranging my living room after work today with the goal in mind to be able to assemble & put our table (the one you eat at) somewhere in the kitchen or living room. We bought this table about 4 months ago & it's been sitting in my garage in the box for a few reasons that I won't go into now. So anyway, I find that my mind is preoccupied with possible designs for my living/kitchen rooms. Maybe that is my true calling...design. I actually like to draw floorplans for houses Id like to build & live in. About a 1.5 years ago, I had a master bed/bath put on my house. I got to design it & all that good stuff & I dream of being able to do that with an entire house one day. I'll sell some plans that I've made up for interested parties. Here's to unpacking the table.

12 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger JayBird said...

i can totally relate, dude. i'm more of the color combos can of guy & mindy likes to do the furniture re-arranging. i actually get excited about what color combos would go best in what room. do you want to start an interior design company together?

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

Just get rid of a couch, dump the entertainment center & knock out a kitchen wall. Then, get rid of a hutch, move the small table to the garage, & build your dinner table.

The removal of the excess makes the "new" table a centerpiece, both visually & practically, & also makes your rooms look bigger.

Your welcome. :)

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Double D said...

I like scoey's idea, plus you'd get to use the sledge hammer, now thats always fun

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger David said...

I like to do lots of intravenous drugs and eat Chinese food, so I need a table in my living room that is low enough to cook up H and eat off of.

Unfortunately, these types of tables ruin the flow of the living room. Any suggestions . . . and don't say "Quit doing heroin."

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

You wanna join butt-thorn? If you did you would have to wear your purple shirt you wore in germany.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

that purple shirt was awesome. if by awesome you mean gay.

my wife does all the rearranging. it's sweet. she knows how much it bugs me, so she does it all while i'm gone and i don't usually have to do much of anything.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Double D said...

and if by gay you mean...gay...yes

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger JayBird said...

when are we gonna get together & do some quilting?

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Thanks Stephanie.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Double D said...

thats what I was thinking...

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger JayBird said...

stephanie who?

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

stephanie who? exactly. barking up the right tree is a little bit more likely.

if by a little bit you mean a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home