Sunday, August 07, 2005

On the road again

As I get ready to leave for an upcoming trip, I have mixed feelings. I look forward to getting away for awhile, but at the same time I worry a bit about the state of affairs that I will leave behind. I'm pretty sure that things will run well @ the office, but deep down I fear that someone is gunna screw stuff up while Im gone. Even if something got way wacked out, it could probably be fixed fairly quickly. I think I need to loosen up a bit & trust the people I have running stuff for me. I can remember when I was in their position & my boss left me with responsibilities. The bottom line is I have an over developed sense of responsibility for areas that I shouldn't worry about, but I do. It's one of my flaws I guess. Anyone ever experienced something like this?

6 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

never. been responsible for something that is.

methinks your responsibility plays well into how well you do your job. still, something that helps - 'member its Jesus' church & His people - not yours. He's been caring for them long before you were, & will be long after. allows you to do what ya gotta do, & make good decisions that aren't based on a belief that if the utes of the ute group are going to be cared for, it's got to be you doing the caring...

or something

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger digapigmy said...

i feel the same way. i get flustered when i leave something on my desk and the wife puts it in the drawer. "organized chaos" is what "my area" is all about. nobody can do it like me.

i always lived by the motto of, if you want it done right - do it yourself. as i found myself in various management positions i found that i sucked at training and was not much of a delegator. i've gotten better, but i still hope they leave my desk alone while i'm gone

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

It's kinda funny. This isnt the first time that I've been away from my job & what's funny is that in the past, the people I leave in charge do a great job & there hasnt been problems. They're very capable & well trained (thanks butterfag) & I guess that is whats funny. I really have nothing to worry about, but I do anyway. It goes back to Scoey's comment. It's really not about me. That makes everything better.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger frad-ster said...

it doesn't matter how competent someone is...if you're a control freak you can't trust anyone!

trust me, I would know...

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

murdoc you delegate better than anyone i know(except maybe joni)
i mean you delegated so much when mo and i were there we started to think we do your job, hee hee now look what happened, thanks alot!!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Well Noel, its what I do

 

Post a Comment

<< Home