Sunday, August 28, 2005

No trail, No trace


In my attempt to get into some sort of shape, I purchased a bike last month from a local store. For those who know my history on 2 wheeled toys, this may seem a bit brave. For the rest of you, let me fill you in. When I was 11, I crashed this dude Mike's bike. Over the handle bars & knocked the crap out. I remember laying in the ER screaming like a catholic school girl as the asphalt was scrubbed out of my face. That left a mark. When I was 13, I was hit by some fag in a truck while riding my motorcycle. Only a screwy ankle & a fear of riding after that one.
Anyway, I went out with a couple buddies up a local canyon. The ride up wasn't as bad as I imagined but the ride down left its mark. I went over the handle bars again due to some rocks jumping in front of my tire. It could've been alot worse, but my shoulder & helmet took the brunt of the damage. Here's to thinning the herd.

6 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

as i was doing my obligatory pre-scanning of your post before reading the actual content, i could have sworn that i saw the word buttocks. imagine my disappointment to find that buttocks were not mentioned at all (i assume that they are ok - das is goot, ya?).

sell the bike. how are we supposed to rock if you ignore the fact that you are meant for nothing that has less than 4 wheels?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger David said...

I remember both time when you wrecked/got hit. The one when you were 11 was easily the best. Who are these people you call "buddies"? What kind of friend takes you biking through a canyon when it is 95 degrees outside? You need to do some reflection regarding the meaning of the word friend.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

It's true. The 11 yr old bike crash left me more mangled. What's worse is that the ride wasnt in the heat of the day. It was in the evening. A few minutes after the crash it got dark & I had to navigate my bike without much visibility. Yes, I need to evaluate if Mr.H really likes me. On top of that we were riding on the sidewalk, almost to my house & again it was dark, & out of nowhere I get whacked in my left eye by a pine tree branch. It hurt almost as bad as my shoulders. I was quite pissed off at that point.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Señor H said...

Who has ever gone on a bike ride where there sole intention is to make sure their friend gets hurt? I felt horrible that you busted your face, shoulder, hands, knee...don't forget your favorite reflector. Maybe I just have poor judgment when it comes to the outdoors (like taking my wife on a grueling 10 mile hike to Hobart) Like that example, I won't ever do it again. Mr. H is human too, live and learn.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

You took your wife on a 10mile hike to hobart? When I want my wife to loosen up I just give her alcohol. Try it, it works beautifully. It's also less dirty than hiking and more dirty like Christina. Bung!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Señor H said...

Comment noted and concurred with. Like I said, live and learn. Coincidentially, the same night you jacked your shoulder, she discovered a new way she likes her margaritas(at your house). So murdoc, I believe I owe you a "thank you"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home