Friday, January 02, 2009

Bottle Thief

It's one of the weirder things that has happened to me this year. I went to take out the trash & recycle stuff today & I noticed something. All the bottles were stolen out of my glass recycle bin. It happened sometime between last night & this morning...you know, when "bad" people are out & about creating mischief. I stared at my bin & felt a little violated. But then I thought to myself, should I care if someone takes all the bottles out of my bin? Yes. Yes I should. It pissed me off. My first thought: Some law breaker stole these bottles to take outan & use for target practice. This defeats the purpose of "recycling." I'm trying to do my part for the "earth" & now I have to worry about polluting thieves. My second thought: someone stole the bottles for the recycle money. I thought about calling WM (the mob) & telling them that someones stealing from them. I think there should be a $$$ charge for not recycling recyclables. And/or a $$$ credit for being a "good consumer" & recycling...or both. Not recycling = laziness. I think the Bible says something about laziness...and being smote.

16 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

Tough times Ben. Hopefully someone did use them for money.

Jami doesn't like to put our garbage outside the night before or ever for the same reason. It stays in our garage.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger jami said...

what the heck?! im the one who puts the trash out about 95% of the time..and i just happen to forget sometimes.. OOoo

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Chemane said...

Wow. I would be grateful I didn't have to take the recycle bin to the curb. Our bins are usually full of empty beer bottles, mostly from my husband, of course.
And actually, I never take the recycling bins to the curb...it's not my "area".

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger miss jessica said...

Maybe we should have brought them in to get the money...hmmmmm

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

In regards to recycling...I've come up with a brilliant idea that would 1-create jobs, 2-increase recycling, 3-reduce waste & space in the landfills, 4-probably make some people richer.

I'm going to pitch the idea to a couple people who are smarter than me.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

weekends were made for michelob...

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Destro Jones said...

Maybe it was a home brewer.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Erica said...

one of the weeks in November, I spotted a gentleman walking down our street with a huge trash bag and going through people's recycle bin. I don't quite understand all the upheaval over it.

I actually thought it was a creative idea to get some money if he's turning it in for that....just my thought

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

invasion of privacy. i'll be over to go through your trash next week. awesome.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

i have more than enough bottles over here ben cause we forgot to put our recycling out last week. can you say trash overload!!!
i also think we should get credit for recycling, i have been doing it for quite some time and it is a big pain in the butt. we should get extra credit for having more people in the house who consume more recyclable stuff, don't ya think?

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Trista said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

if your garbage was so private, you wouldn't put it outside once a week. you'd drop it at the dump yourself and do your own recycling. speaking of laziness and being wound tight . . .

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Chemane said...

ha-ha!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

that's it?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Destro Jones said...

That's what she said.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger The Weez said...

Were they "organic" bottles?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home