Friday, October 17, 2008

All lubed up...

Today was my second appointment with the cardiologist. From the parking garage, I rode in the elevator with a "physician." We both got out on the same floor. As soon as we exited he let a pretty healthy fart that I believe was wet. I laughed & he didn't miss a step as he walked away. I promptly showed up to the office 5 minutes early & found my place in a comfy chair with the sports section. I don't think I'd read the paper since I lived in carson & received the Nevada Appeal for free! Yes, it was nice, but not nice enough to pay for...Anyway, not 30 seconds into reading this 65+ yr old dude barks at me, "whats nevada gunna do this saturday?" I told him I had no clue. I didn't even know who they're playing. He then informed me that he lost good money on them last week & missed a few of his other bets. At that point I started nodding & looked back at the paper. I think the last thing he told me was that he'd placed 5 $10,000 bets in his life & won 4 of them. I let him know I'd seen $10,000. At that point I was called in, & asked for the sports page & told me good luck. Weird guy.

I was ready to wait for an hour in the back room (because Louie did) so I brought the classifieds...you never know who's getting rid of quality guitar gear for a smoking deal. We got back to the room & the lady told me to take my shirt(s) off & lay on the table facing her. No waiting. Nice. I felt like a nude model...at least half nude. She then made sure I was adequately lubed for the echo. Interesting. I reminded myself I was paying for this. The funny part was when she asked if I grew up around here. I was waiting for the elevator music to start in the background...luckily it didn't. I was on the table for about 25 minutes. Relatively painless. It was weird to see my heart on the screen...a little scary. Met with Ram (the real cardiologist). He sat down & said..."you don't have it." He asked a question or two followed by my question or two. He proceeded to use his college words, of which I understood 2 of them from anatomy in high school. Oh the good ol' days.

7 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

if he actually won 4 of 5 $10,000 bets, he's paid about $18,000 in taxes on his winnings which is currently being spent on nationalizing our banks. you should have asked him how he feels about that

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Another missed opportunity.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger laura said...

when I stop laughing, I may come back and comment.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger jami said...

glad you don't have it

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thank you Jesus! we're happy for you.

min & jay

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger laura said...

okay... I am happy to hear your heart is well:)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger RandomSue said...

You are too funny! I'm glad you don't have the issue they were looking for. I guess we get to keep you around for a long time. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home