Sunday, October 05, 2008

My first beverage(s) part 1

I remember believing that alcohol was bad & that those who partook were also bad. I also remember that people who gambled were sinning because gambling was a sin. My earliest memories of alcohol were when I lived in reno the first time. I remember there being wine in the pantry. I never got to taste it, but it was there. We then moved & I don't remember alcohol in the house other than the Sutter Home "cooking wine" that was hidden in the top cabinet in the very back. When we'd go to my grandma's cabin, there'd be Budweiser in the fridge. I wondered why there was Bud in the fridge but never asked. I did ask to taste it but my dad said it tasted like horse piss. He wasn't lying. Thanks Pop. Budweiser is horrible. I remember getting brave one day & I stood on the counter to try the "cooking wine." It was for when my mom cooked beef burgandy...it was pretty gross.

Like I said, my belief growing up was that alcohol was bad. I never really "experimented" with alcohol & that was mostly out of fear. I think my first drink ever was at the Reno Hilton. A guy named Davey worked the ticket counter & I went with my older brother & some of his buddies to some lame country show. I was 16 or 17. I learned a few things that night...drink toks were cool, orange juice & vodka went good together, and Heineken tasted like skunk. To Be Continued...

9 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Matty C. said...

Budweiser is actually not that bad!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

Yeah, what she said . . .

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

I'd rather drink a Coors Light. And Heiniken does taste like skunk.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Matty C. said...

I've really never had piss. Is that what it tastes like? Because if it is, I've been missing out.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger David said...

If you like drinking piss, maybe you should move to Japan, Matt.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger David said...

Oh, and I wasn't working the ticket counter, I was working the room - as was evident by the free drink tokes I got you.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Sorry about the mixup...but not the downstairs mixup.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

i remember we paid my friend's brother almost $20 to drink piss. we should ask him to settle this debate.

i would conjecture it needs clarification. i think budweiser probably tastes like the piss of someone who has been drinking real beer.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger The Author said...

That may be true. Good hypothesis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home