Tuesday, January 27, 2009

...


Today I will go to work without my family. Ellie is about to push several teeth through the surface which obviously means she isn't feeling well. Constant nose running, chewing on sleeves, & some crankiness now accompany my child. Jessica hasn't been feeling great either. She gets to finally take a day & do her work from home. Gotta love the laptop. It got me thinking about the last 13 months. Minus vacations, baby todd has been up at work with me...& she's not even getting paid. I was a little excited because I can attempt to set a lunch appt with a friend. I'll be able to play whatever music I want, however loud I want. But, then I thought:

1- Baby todd will not be coming around the corner with a big smile & a book for me to read her
2- I won't hear Ellie's playing & constant run of words which include nananaaa & hhhaaaaaaa (whipped cream) in the other room
3- No playing & wrestling between tasks (unless Louie is up for it)
4- No poopie diapers to change

It's only one day, but I already miss her. More often then not, I don't realize how lucky I am to be able to spend as much time that I do with my munch. She is the best.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

Yep. I missed her today too. Her little voice saying "Tay-tay!"

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger miss jessica said...

You're a good daddy! Ellie loves coming to work with you!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Trista said...

ahh, warms the heart. Good dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home