Wednesday, October 05, 2005

May I have another

I had my wisdom teeth out this morning. Not something I was looking forward to. I am on vicodin, which really doesnt do much for me. However, this morning I was on something a bit stronger. I think it was a mixture of valum & phentanol. Pretty interesting combo if you ask me. I heard some stories about the feeling but my experience was a bit different. First I didnt think the gas was working until I made a comment about never taking drugs & laughed pretty hard. Maybe it was. The doctor missed my vein the first time which didnt hurt to bad, then he got it and said you should feel sleepy soon. Well I didnt feel sleepy. I did get relaxed then something really cool happened. The ceiling started moving all over the place & I dont remember anything else. My mouth hurts like I got punched by a 6'6'' black dude ( I know because its happened before). The drugs made me sick & Ive thrown up 5 times which tends to bother me. Anyway, the funniest part I cant tell you. Appearantly I did some things between coming out of drugs & arriving home. My wife would better explain that stuff. I dont know if she's making it up because she can (which I did to one of my old buddies after a drugged state). Either way it's good stuff. If you have trouble sleeping, try valum & phentanol, they work great.

14 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger The Age said...

Good to hear ya made it out good Ben. Now that it's all done it becomes good conversation for years to come about how it all felt and stuff.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

I remember going under the gas at age 18 because they had to cut out my lower wisdom teeth. I remember waking up to a pair of the largest breasts I'd ever seen up close (the nurse). I remember acting like a total moron and scandalizing my mom until the drugs began to wear off. I remember being sick to my stomach for a few days because of the ooze draining down my throat.

Good times!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Dennis Clifton said...

enjoying drugs, throwing up, losing teeth...yep...sounds like you're in a rock and roll band.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Señor H said...

God bless Dr. P. I went snowboarding the next day. Didn't throw up. He has dug five total teath out of my face. I remember the radio was on NPR and at the count of about 8 it started to echo and I thought there must be a problem at the station...I wake up later and it's time to go.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

ahhh man i'm feeling for ya. i get deathly sick from all those pains meds too. yucks. won't go into detail for your sake but i do hope you're feeling better soon and that your wife recovers from your scandolous behavior!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

I dont know if I've puked more in one day than yesterday. It sucked bad. Ive quit vicodin because I cant eat. Im hungry but im a bit worried to start puking again.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger The Age said...

It's o.k. because in a couple days food will taste better than ever since you have been off it for awhile.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger David said...

Start smoking cigarettes in lieu of eating; it works for models and ballerinas.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Sorry Thorn, no more you on my blog.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

david i think they tell you not to smoke after havin teeth removed not that he was about to run right out and follow that advice anyhew!!
jello and yogurt those are your friends stay away from cottage cheese the lil cheese balls go down those holes and they are a not fun to get out.....akay i didn't mean to make you sick ....anyway slurpees those are good.
liana was sharing when she had to get a shot of morphine on monday made me think of your experience, hers was pretty funny. first time drugies!!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger JayBird said...

druggie light-weights. what are we talkin' about again?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Señor H said...

We should go to sushi club when your chompers work again to celebrate food.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

is smoking really that bad for you after getting teeth pulled? i mean, any worse than it is anyway?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

murdoc-
no more thorn on the blog? then you'll need to zap "mike" too as thorn has taken to assuming other identities to get around the "no masks" role.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home