Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas Time


It's Christmas time at my house. Decorations are up, the holiday tree, ahh I mean Christmas tree is up, and we are loving it. Getting married has served me well, as we only have to shop for my 2 nephews and then we're done. I usually will wait until the 23rd of December to get started, but Jessica "helps" me.

No doubt that you've seen & heard for the last several years, the ACLU & others have done everything they can to wipe out anything having to do with Jesus, Christianity, & Christmas. Next time you go into a store or a restaurant, listen to see if you hear Merry Christmas. If you do, tip well, & patronize often. I have observed terms like the Christmas season, Christmas break, Christmas tree, & Christmas shopping, etc. all go away & substituted by Holiday (fill in the blank). The whole thing sucks. Got anything to add? Your own observations? No more Merry Christmas, but now Merry baby Jesus day!

9 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger David said...

What about buying gifts for your niece?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

What about her? We value the male gender in my family

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

I like Christmas and I dispise the attempts to de-Christ Christmas. In my younger days I decried the materialism, then I decried the nay-saying Scrooges, then I decried all the decrying. But now I've learned to celebrate in my own way and to enjoy the season with my family and friends. I'm at peace with Christmas and I hope my wife gets me something neat this year.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

I hope my wife buys me some lingerie!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Double D said...

I don't have a wife, and I live with 3 other guys...I'm guessing there won't be much christmas decorating going on

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Just to put you at ease, decorating doesnt make you gay, so dont worry Pete. Get a tree.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

Man, when I lived with ben, he decorated like there was no tomorrow. How many nutcrackers are you up to now, 25 and counting? This is my first Christmas in my own house with my very own wife. We have to buy everything starting anew. I bought one of those cool new techno trees that you hang from your ceiling...ben you should get one too.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Is that the upside-down satan tree? Away from me satan. I dont have 25 nutcrackers, but that would be cool to have a nutcracker army that shot laser beams out of their eyes.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

i would just like to say that your decorating has gotten much better with the "help" of baby. your picture is picture perfect. first christmas married is oh so fun!!!
Senor H i want to see your new techno tree. Mo told me about those they sound fun. Do you really have one or were you jus jokin??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home