Friday, March 20, 2009

LA

I went to LA this last week. The purpose of the trip was to go hang out with a friend who teaches at a bible college. It happened to be preview day. Preview day is where the college invites mainly highschool juniors & seniors to come check out the school & they do their best to pimp the college. We, however, followed David around to his classes. There were three. Pentateuch, Biblical preaching, & a youth ministry class. I really liked sitting through the classes. It sounds dumb to say, but the classes were very academic. On one hand I wished I had the opportunity to go there & take these classes before I started "my min-uh-stray," but I'm grateful that I had a scholarship & was able to get a business degree. I'm going to begin distance learning/online courses from the school hopefully within the month. Yay learning. The students were pretty standard college students. A few paying attention, but then there are the disengaged, bored, etc. I can remember how I felt in many of my college classes. I think sometimes you only get perspective after the fact. I'm married, 1.5 kids, house, job, & responsibilities. Going to school the "traditional" way is unrealistic for me right now. But in some ways, I wish I could. Yay learning.
We went to chapel, or the campus church service. On the worship team was a guy named Caleb Quaye. Electric guitar player. Played with the beatles, Elton John & there are many more. The sad part...you couldn't hear him play over the clanging keyboard with piano sound. Oh well. He is a professor at the college. I'd like to take that class.
I got to sleep on the floor in Chumley's dorm room. I think the funniest part may have been watching Louie attempt to climb up to the top bunk. No ladder, just lovely awkwardness. We shared a bathroom with 4 other guys. OOR style bathroom on a smaller scale. Louie pointed out a wonder woman sticker on the inside of one of the stalls. Good choice.
The flight back was interesting. Lots of loud on the verge of drunk guys. I came to find later that there is a huge BBQ convention in town this weekend. That was them.

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Erica said...

I wished I had attended a university in my life but it just didn't work out. When I tried to get my Bachelor in nursing through UNR we were starting to have a family and again I didn't want to jump through all the hoops. So online bachelor degree I got. Andy has and still is educating me on university life :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger scoeyd said...

Yes. Wonder Woman sticker. interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home