Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ripped Off

I have loved buying & selling on Ebay for many years now. I have purchased pretty much all of the music equipment I've ever owned off of ebay. I've sold most of it there too. I finally mustered the courage & the $$$ to buy one of my dream guitars & to my surprise, I won an auction for a beautiful black Gibson les paul standard, at a pretty good price. The bad part is the seller, after recieving my certified USPS money order with delivery conformation, decided to no longer be a ebay member. I haven't heard from the demon in a week now & the outlook is not so good. Im doing what I can through ebay & other unnamed sources, but nothing has really happened yet. Surprisingly, I feel pretty ok after blowing more than a housepayment on a guitar that I may never get to touch. Whats that verse...if someone rips you off, track him down & hammer his knuckles? I have wished violent eruptions of diarrhea on them until they send the guitar. Join me...

7 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger georgia said...

I hope you get your money or your guitar. But can't join you in wishing ill on your enemy--don't want to reap any ills myself. :) I will pray that the person who did this repents!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

I don't know Georgia, I know the Bible says to bless your enemies and not curse them, but this guy's not my enemy he's Ben's. :-)

Therefore, I hope he snags a fingernail on his guitar string and spills tiny droplets of scammer blood on his new pants that he bought on ebay but didn't pay for. I hope the next time he tells a joke no one laughs. I hope the next time he tries to impress a girl he drools all over himself.

I got your back dude.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Heck yes

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

My wife still says you'll get it. Even if you don't get it within the next five years, she will still say that you will get it. I think they call those people optimologists or something. I think you need to look for a new guitar and sue ebay.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Dennis Clifton said...

...it IS more satisfying to the flesh to focus on the negative is it not?

However, I would strongly advise TPT to avoid all Pete Townsend arm swings in the near future.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

did it come in yet?? well, no worries maybe a brand new risk game will help, probably not but well this is my lame attempt to comfort and console a fellow ebay user.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

no guitar yet. hopeing for good news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home