Monday, January 01, 2007

Ramblings...

Today is new years day. Growing up, new years had some interesting significance. Usually, my family would wake up at an ungodly hour & trek off the JA's Nugget. All this for apple pancake... Not your standard apple pancake, more like a circular pile of sugar, apples, and other things put together by baby Jesus. There were other things that went on during the day, but that's not too important.
Today I had to go to work. It sucked. It was the first time I had to work on new years day. It's not that my job is horrible, but we don't see too much traffic over in sparks, appearently because of a couple reasons:
1- when people think of buying a car, I guess they think of Kietzke lane because that's where most of the dealerships are
2- we don't advertise...why? People who make the decisions are morons.
Anyway, after talking on sunday about God's will, I've been thinking about what I'm doing for a job. Due to the lack of foot traffic today, I had plenty of time to think about it. Do I like what I'm doing? Yes I do. Would I quit? Yes I would. It's pretty nice place to be. I would describe it as being content. I can see myself selling cars for an extending time, but I can also see myself quitting & being happy. A job is a job. One bad thing about my job that will suck is that I won't be able to play soccer on sunday afternoons or softball on tuesday nites. I think Jesus wants me to play.

4 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

Baby Jesus wants you to play, but Grownup Jesus is slowly shaking his head from side to side . . . his baseball cap slightly off-center . . . as he smiles in an amused sort of way and says . . . "Negatory, good buddy."

Hey, I assumed you were in Reno also. Just where in Sparks do you toil?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Victorian Ave, between Mccarran & Pyramid.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger SeƱor H said...

I sure want you to play. I think it's funny to watch pastor get yellow cards. I think we need to get together and kick the ball around, what say you?

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

I say yes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home