Monday, February 13, 2006

Running Man


Yesterday me & my wife completed the longest run either of us had ever done. 9.1 miles in 1 hour 50 minutes. I was amazed to see how much more enjoyable it was to run a new track. I guess it's all the new scenery & really cool house that made it better. We got to run past the old part of carson by the governer's mansion, then up to the rich part of carson (Kingston Estates & Wellington Heights) on the way west side. I was fine until the last 1/2 mile when I realized I was almost home & my body decided to shut down. That sucked, but we made it. Rock on marathon runners. We look forward to running with you guys later on. Any sore legs out there?

8 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Dennis Clifton said...

...welcome to the wall. Keep pushing it out!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger scoeyd said...

yes. sore legs. funky achilles tendon, & something in the other leg I haven't figured out yet...

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

Any bears coming and jumping on your back?

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

my calf cramped up something awful. i walked the last mile of our 9 mile jaunt. guess that really leaves me questionable to hit th 26.2 miles, but i'll be running tomorrow again . . .

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Murdoc said...

We still have almost 3 months to get there brint. I think Dennis told me that if you hurt, take a day off. THat is what we did yesterday. It was nice.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger moses said...

that's what i do, take time off from running, i don't ache

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger digapigmy said...

3 weeks, murdoc. it's about time. and enjoy your run today. how far are you going?

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Murdoc said...

The doubts are coming as to whether we will be able to do the full marathon. Jessica has a bum knee that may keep us out of the 26.2. We will do a half for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home