Saturday, June 06, 2009

college

Just because I haven't blogged in awhile doesn't mean life has stopped. One new development in the life I live...
I was accepted into our denominations college to continue my education. I've considered going attending there in person before but this will do for now. I applied for a program via distance learning, but it's not the program that they normally offer through distance. I guess an exception was made. I think the hardest part was getting into the college. I talked to an insider who said the meeting where my app was reviewed was interesting. I was what they call an "outlier." This title is mine because I am both a "christian," AND I moderately gamble, consume alcohol, and I've smoked tobacco in the last year. Good thing I had someone in there to vouch for me. It's just one of those things. Needless to say, I am extremely thankful & grateful that I get to continue my education & that the college made an exception for me. I'll be getting a second bachelors degree & it will require 39 units. That's only 13 classes, & after I transfer my other "bible" units, I'll be down to 33 units.

3 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger laura said...

congratulations... You're lucky you applied to the distance learning program. I don't think they would let your kind on campus to corrupt all of the other students.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Destro Jones said...

Congratulations, rebel.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger TimmyMac said...

Good for you Ben . . . I'm glad it worked out . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home